author & illustrator

Pages

how to make a picture book




I made a flow chart for an author event this weekend at Planet Rainbow explaining the very basics of what it takes to actually make a book before it's submitted to an agent or editor. I must point out that my funny author & illustrator friends reminded me of the things I forgot to add to the chart like the impulsive coffee drinking, chocolate eating, laying on the floor in a fetal position crying and all the procrastinating, wait did I just say procrastinating?! Er, um, I meant research! Yes, all the research on the internet that goes on to check your facts. Anyhow, I also had on display paintings, sketches, manuscript & a dummy. And that was only about 1/1o of all the stuff I create for a submission... I had the best time talking to fellow authors & artists!

No comments:

Post a Comment