author & illustrator

Pages

thank you ogden!

I am one of eight recipients of the Ogden Mayor's Awards in the Arts this year. If you knew me, you'd know that I'd rather be in the background working and not in the limelight...but I am really honored to be recognized for all the work I have done in the background. I've been doing volunteer work since the age of 15 and it continues to be the hardest and most rewarding job I have ever had (next to being a mom of course!). And it would never be as enjoyable if it weren't for the like minded fun people that work along side me. On that note, I share this award with all those who work really hard bringing and maintaining the arts in the community. Every picture hung, every costume danced in, every piece of scenery, every short local film made most likely has a volunteer or two in the background simply doing it for the love of art...






No comments:

Post a Comment