author & illustrator

Pages

on my desk

Auction is over but the inspiration from it still lingers (thanks Dan and all!). It's a reminder to turn off those editors in my head and just have fun with my projects. I was working on a series of art for the Bologna Children's Book Fair recently and noticed a creeping resentment towards my art table. I successfully avoided it on a daily basis. One painting done, I just couldn't bring myself to do the remaining four. It was a case of avoiding something I felt like I SHOULD be doing.

So my point to the story is: I'm not doing the series for Bologna this year, I'm doing it just because I want to. It's a series called "The Paper Boy" and I'm excited again. And if you know me this is a big break through! Ahh, the zen of art....

Stay tuned for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment